Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Leaving on a Jet Plane (reprise)


            And this time I have no idea when I’ll be back again, but London has not seen the last of me just yet.  A single week in such a huge city is just not enough time. I could lose myself in some of their museums, and I only saw a select few.  Not to mention that there is so much to learn from the city still.  Yes, I was able to go on the Jack the Ripper walk, and I did learn a few things from it, though I was not entirely impressed.  But there are so many other walks, and so much history in the city.  How can anyone possibly know all of it? Just goes to show that ignorance is bliss, and the more you know, the more you know you don’t know enough.  Had I never left the country, I would never have known how amazing London, or anywhere else, could be.  I never was interested in a lot of travel growing up, though I did my fair share of it,  but this trip has completely piqued my interests. 
Now I have a “places to visit” list, and it is growing by the minute.  And then through my study of Jack the Ripper I have been a lot more interested in learning about other serial killers and what makes them tick.  If I had not decided to study Jack, then I would never have realized my gruesome interest in serial killers.  I mean, yes I was interested in the field to begin with, and as many of you know one of my role models is indeed a fictional serial killer.  The reasoning is that he has so much knowledge, and I find people who are highly intelligent to be fascinating. 
            I find knowledge fascinating.  And what knowledge does to people. There is so much knowledge in London, as is there a lot of history on what it has done to people in the past.  To make a long story short, I will be going back to London soon.  Very soon.
            After a whirlwind spring vacation, I'm afraid that I must bid you all fair well, as it’s back off to the frozen no-mans-land that is Grand Forks, North Dakota.
                                                Thanks all for reading!    Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment